Opinions expressed within any of these message threads do not reflect the position of the UKNA, and their presence here should not be read as an endorsement of any single post.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY STATEMENT:
We regard your privacy as important and comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. If you register, the only personal information you need to give is an email address. We will only use any it for the purpose for which you provide it, or where allowed by law. We will only hold your information for as long as necessary for these purposes and will not pass it to any other parties unless this is made clear to you. You can cancel your account at any time. All trusted servants who have access to your personal data or are associated with the handling of that data are obliged by law to respect the confidentiality of your personal data. To enable us to keep personal information up to date we ask that those for whom we hold such information would review and update it or inform us should they no longer wish us to hold said information in order to help us maintain and keep accurate records.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- We do NOT, however, track your mobile's location [like the old website could] so you'll have to type in your postcode to find a meeting.
1. Any posts or PM's that violate the Spirit of the Traditions of Narcotics Anonymous are subject to removal, messages that are SPAM, harass, abuse, threaten, have obscene or otherwise objectionable content will be removed without notice.
2. Any personal attacks will not be tolerated at any level - implied or direct. The author's posting rights may be terminated.
3. No commercial posts or advertising another website in your signature or in your profile, whether NA related or not.
4. Each member agrees to respect the rules of decency and privacy. Remember, when using the forum: We are called Narcotics Anonymous for a reason. Who you see here, What you read here, please let it stay here. Gossip is very damaging. Please do not copy & paste anything on to another website.
5. Pornographic content of any kind will result in your account being deactivated.
6. You cannot write any links or email addresses within your posts to outside websites. Images and pictures are not permitted to be posted on the forum by any member.
Anyone who cannot follow these rules will be subject to their access privileges being revoked for a time frame of 30 days. Repeated violations after such a suspension will result in a PERMANENT BAN.
The website committee is here to assist the members of UKNA as well as to maintain an atmosphere of NA recovery on the forums. Our primary purpose is to carry the message and have a safe place for members to share.
If you see a post that violates these terms please don't take action yourself - simply contact one of the website committee right away, they will handle any action that may be needed.
The Spirit of the Traditions ask that groups carry the message to addicts. As individuals, we are asked in the steps to apply principles in all our affairs; This is also important in our actions as groups. To help us observe the Fifth Tradition we carry a message with integrity,responsibility, unity, and anonymity.
We are recovering addicts who meet regularly to help each other stay clean.
This is a program of complete abstinence from all drugs. There is only one requirement for membership, the desire to stop using. We suggest that you keep an open mind and give yourself a break. Our program is a set of principles written so simply that we can follow them in our daily lives. The most important thing about them is that they work. We are not interested in what or how much you used or who your connections were, what you have done in the past, how much or how little you have, but only in what you want to do about your problem and how we can help. There is one thing more than anything else that will defeat us in our recovery; this is an attitude of indifference or intolerance toward spiritual principles. Three of these that are indispensable are honesty, open-mindedness, and willingness. With these we are well on our way.
Unity is one of our greatest strengths in carrying the message. Unity of purpose keeps our focus on carrying the message. As groups, we work together to ensure not only our own personal recovery but the recovery of every NA member. The evidence of many addicts staying clean and seeking our common good is very persuasive. We don’t recover alone. In anonymity, our personal differences are insignificant compared to our primary purpose.
When we come together as a group, our first task is to carry the message; all else ought to be set aside. Groups can practice the Fifth Tradition by reminding their members that the recovery message, not individual personalities, is primary in Narcotics Anonymous.
Sixth Tradition tells us some of the things we must do to preserve and protect our primary purpose. This Tradition is the basis for our policy of non-affiliation and is extremely important to the continuation and growth of Narcotics Anonymous
"All issues with the committee, whether it be concerns, complaints or grievance will be addressed via email or pm to website committee. They shall then be considered as soon as is practical and a solution sought. Any member who believes their concerns have not been resolved can adopt the appropriate recourse as the UKNAWC is ultimately accountable to region.
These forum's are not the place for discussion of complaints against ANY committee. They exist for members to share their experience, strength & hope and foster an atmosphere of recovery, whilst carrying the message of Narcotics Anonymous"
Please refrain from personally directed negative posting as this is against forum guidelines 1 and 2 being that it is often perceivable as an implied personal attack and frequently seen as harrassment, it is not in keeping with the spirit of the traditions. It has for some time been the root cause of most moderating and disunity issues on these forums and the reason this committee has been directed to address these issues by the Regional Service Committee.